All businesses and organizations in cold climates need a fast and reliable snow removal vendor. Proactively removing snow and ice around your commercial property promotes safety, accessibility, and productivity. Accidents, falls, and resulting injuries are more likely without winter property maintenance. Preventing slush and ice from accumulating also shows you care about the comfort and well-being of your customers, employees, and community.
When searching for winter landscaping services, it’s best to decide early. Preparing for winter storms will give you peace of mind and ensure you make a good choice. The best vendors get booked quickly as winter approaches. Here’s what you should look for when choosing a snow removal company.
Ask potential vendors what their average turnaround time is for winter maintenance. Proactivity and responsiveness are essential in the lead-up to a severe snowstorm. The best companies follow snow removal best practices, and will prepare your property for inclement weather before the first snowflake hits the ground. Look for a winter maintenance provider that will cover your parking lot and walkways with rock salt and salt brine in preparation for ice and snow.
You also want a vendor to service your property as soon as possible. Snow quickly turns to dangerous slush and ice, increasing the risk of accidents and injuries. Experienced snow removal vendors have a large crew and backup equipment to service your property quickly and efficiently. After a snowstorm blankets your community, driving up to a clear parking lot and sidewalks is a vast relief.
2. State-of-the-Art Equipment
Equipment is another critical topic to discuss with potential snow removal providers. Ensure they have the appropriate tools and plows to clear your commercial property. Companies that use the latest machinery are more thorough and efficient at removing ice and snow. They should also test and maintain their equipment throughout the season to ensure it’s ready to go at a moment’s notice. Look for vendors that stock backup equipment in case something breaks.
3. Latest Technology
The best winter maintenance companies use technology for weather forecasting and service verification. Using GPS tracking, they can detect inclement weather and decide which sites need services based on the current conditions. Many companies also use technology to stay in touch with clients and ensure a quality snow removal experience. Plus, they use equipment with better snow removal technology to clear more snow in less time.
4. Well-Trained and Qualified Personnel
Snow removal can be hazardous, with extreme weather and large equipment. To avoid delays and damage to your property, look for a company with a long track record of success that employs qualified personnel. You want a snow removal company that takes pride in their work and knows how to use heavy machinery like tractors and plows. An experienced team operates safely and efficiently in harsh weather conditions.
5. Monitoring and Communication
Ask potential vendors how they contact clients during inclement weather. Timely communication is paramount during a snowstorm. Snow removal companies should provide 24/7 monitoring and communication. Staying in constant contact with your winter maintenance team ensures you can immediately address issues and provide accurate information to customers and employees. Find a vendor that will keep you updated before, during, and after winter storms.
You want a reliable winter maintenance team to help you protect your business, customers, and employees. The best snow removal companies maintain a high level of professionalism, which includes:
- Showing up on time
- Wearing appropriate clothing and safety gear
- Adhering to your contract
- Honoring your special requests as much as possible
You can assess a vendor’s professionalism by paying attention to their mannerisms and behavior during your initial meeting. You can also read the reviews for their company and see examples of their past work online.
Snow removal companies work in treacherous conditions, often with low visibility. Choose a vendor with a reputation for safety who has the proper licensing and insurance to perform the job. Your winter maintenance crew must also follow these snow removal safety standards to avoid accidents, injuries, and damage to your property.
- Protective attire: Wearing warm clothing, waterproof and slip-resistant boots, and a reflective safety vest.
- Three points of contact: Maintaining three points of contact while climbing in and out of the snowplow.
- Seat belt: Wearing a seat belt at all times while operating the snowplow in case of sudden stops.
- Visibility: Periodically clearing ice and snow from the windshield to maintain a clear view of the road.
- Rest: Getting plenty of rest leading up to a blizzard and a long day of plowing.
- Strategic piles: Pushing piles of snow away from buildings, high-traffic areas, driveways, mailboxes, dumpsters, and fire hydrants.
- Caution: Going slowly and not rushing through the job.
Prepare for Winter Storms With Greenscape Inc.
Greenscape Inc. is an award-winning snow management company that creates customized strategies tailored to your property’s specific needs. Here’s why you’ll want Greenscape as your snow management company this winter.
- Our extensive snow fleet will reach you quickly with the best machines on the market.
- We monitor the weather before, during, and after a storm so we can prepare and maintain your property accordingly.
- Our cutting-edge technology removes ice and snow quickly and efficiently.
- We take time to understand your needs and provide the best solutions possible.
- Our experienced team has serviced thousands of acres of parking areas and millions of square feet of pedestrian walkways.
- We’ll clear your parking lot and walkways to keep your patrons and employees safe.
- We provide snow management services for commercial properties across the United States.
- We provide real-time updates, so you’re always in the loop on your property’s status.
- We have experience serving schools, universities, restaurants, apartment buildings, hotels, corporate offices, retail stores, and other commercial properties.
Choose Greenscape for Commercial Snow Removal and Winter Maintenance
Don’t get left out in the cold this winter. Find the right snow removal vendor for your business! The best winter maintenance providers are fast and efficient, using the latest technology and safest procedures. They hire trained and knowledgeable team members who get the job done. Greenscape commercial snow and ice management offers all these benefits and more.
Greenscape maintains constant communication during winter storms so you have peace of mind that your property is safe for customers and employees. Our fleet is ready 24/7 with industry-leading equipment to handle whatever Mother Nature throws your way. We tailor our services to meet your specific needs. Contact Greenscape to schedule winter snow removal services today!