Responsible for the installation of new commercial irrigation systems. Services must be delivered with a high level of quality, within budget, and to Greenscape expectations in accordance with service standards.
- Install new commercial irrigation systems ensuring components are installed within all specifications and function properly.
- Work in tandem with Project Managers.
- Review blueprint plans and irrigation system designs, preparing materials and workforce for project assignments.
- Complete paperwork providing list of materials and job hours required.
- Install and initialize clocks, including wireless systems via computer/phone.
- Complete detailed inspections of installations and ensure sites are left clean and system operations comply with company standards.
- Manage inventory of irrigation vehicle.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through proper communication and regular site visits.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- 3+ years irrigation install experience and repair of irrigation systems preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with 2-wire and Wi-Fi control.
- Knowledge and experience with irrigation controllers, pipes, sprinkler heads, as well as electrical wiring required to operate the systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair existing irrigation systems.
- Must be able to read and understand irrigation plans.
- Ability to produce high quality work in a fast-paced, high performing environment.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Bilingual (Spanish/Portuguese) a plus.
- Hoisting license a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record is required.
- Understanding of horticultural impacts of faulty irrigation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a routine basis.
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns, and other environmental risks.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions from Foreman or Crew Leader.
- Must practice safety with chemicals and equipment.
- Must wear company eye and ear protection as required.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally assist with lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.