Responsible to design and develop the landscape for a specific site. Cultivate flowers, grasses, shrubs, trees, and advise clients on proper plant products and irrigation to maintain the look and integrity of the greenery. Services must be delivered with a high level of quality, within budget, and to Greenscape expectations.
- Work with a team to maintain the gardens/plant beds that have been designed by our company, as well as assisting in the installation of new projects.
- Design, install, and care for specialty gardens, courtyard gardens, large perennial landscapes, and container gardens.
- Maintenance of gardens and landscapes focus on annual and perennial beds.
- Select pruning and trimming of shrubs, small trees, perennials, annuals, and vines.
- Maintain and install flower borders and containers.
- Knowledge of plant health and experience in treating plants when needed.
- Irrigation system monitoring within planted areas.
- Care of woody, perennial, and annual plant material.
- Create decorative seasonal plantings and displays.
- Mulching, fertilization, composting, and cleaning of hardscapes.
- Communication with Account Managers and clients about gardening needs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Horticulture or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experienced in the Horticulture field.
- Prior landscape maintenance experienced preferred.
- Prior experience with perennial garden maintenance and design preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of ornamental horticulture in all phases.
- Thorough knowledge of plant propagation and culturation.
- Knowledge of the proper methods for applying pesticides and fertilizers.
- Knowledge of annuals, perennials, ornamentals trees, weeds, and native plants.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to think critically and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Knowledge of plant identification, soil health, trimming and pruning.
- Must have valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. on a routine basis.
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns, and other environmental risks.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions from Foreman or Crew Leader.
- Must practice safety with chemicals and equipment.
- Must wear company eye and ear protection as required.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally assist with lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.