Responsible to perform various manual tasks in connection with snow removal and ice control work including shoveling, spreading salt and applying deicer, and scraping/breaking ice in order to provide safe roadways and sidewalks for motorists and pedestrians.
· Follow the workflow and job responsibilities assigned by Foreman.
· Shovel snow from all designated areas.
· Spread salt and apply deicer to walkways, paved parking areas, loading docks, and similar.
· Read and interpret maps and account specification sheets to provide accurate service.
· Operate snow removal equipment and/or trucks.
· Clear snow from sidewalks, driveways, and building entrances.
· Assist snow removal team in loading and unloading materials and supplies.
· Work independently but communicate with supervisor by phone.
· Ability to operate in a fast-paced, weather-contingent environment.
· Flexible scheduling for availability within one hour of notification.
· Logging of hours, materials, and equipment used.
· Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
· Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
· 2 years snow removal experience operating plow trucks, skid steers and/or loaders.
· Must possess valid driver’s license and transportation to job sites or assigned branch location.
· Punctual and dependable.
· Outstanding work ethic.
· Valid DOT and MA Hoisting license preferred.
· Prior skid steer operation and/or plow trucks experience preferred.
· Bilingual (Spanish/Portuguese) a plus.
· Ability to work overtime or extended shifts as weather dictates and/or as directed.
· Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
· Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
· Ability to bend, stoop and twist continuously throughout the day.
· Must have excellent vision or corrective lenses which allow for excellent vision.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: From $20.00 per hour