Responsible to perform various manual tasks in connection with snow removal and ice control work including shoveling, spreading salt and applying deicer, and scraping/breaking ice in order to provide safe roadways and sidewalks for motorists and pedestrians.
- Follow the workflow and job responsibilities assigned by Foreman.
- Shovel snow from all designated areas.
- Spread salt and apply deicer to walkways, paved parking areas, loading docks, and similar.
- Read and interpret maps and account specification sheets to provide accurate service.
- Operate snow removal equipment and/or trucks.
- Clear snow from sidewalks, driveways, and building entrances.
- Assist snow removal team in loading and unloading materials and supplies.
- Work independently but communicate with supervisor by phone.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, weather-contingent environment.
- Flexible scheduling for availability within one hour of notification.
- Logging of hours, materials, and equipment used.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- 2 years snow removal experience operating plow trucks, skid steers and/or loaders.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and transportation to job sites or assigned branch location.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Outstanding work ethic.
- Valid DOT and MA Hoisting license preferred.
- Prior skid steer operation and/or plow trucks experience preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/Portuguese) a plus.
- Ability to work overtime or extended shifts as weather dictates and/or as directed.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, stoop and twist continuously throughout the day.
- Must have excellent vision or corrective lenses which allow for excellent vision.