LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE ACCOUNT MANAGER
The Landscape Account Manager provides year-round management of a client portfolio including landscape maintenance and snow removal services with Route Volume over $700,000 and Enhancement Sales 35% of base. Serves as the primary contact for their assigned customers, providing direct and indirect supervision for assigned crews. Oversees existing client accounts and new customer acquisitions for landscaping projects. Responsible for delivering landscape services, staffing, training, and meeting financial goals. All duties will be performed based on professional training and experience under the direction of the Branch Manager.
- Serve as our clients’ primary contact to ensure customer satisfaction and outstanding quality of work.
- Conduct client meetings and site walk-throughs upsell present opportunities for enhancements and ensure landscape maintenance operations meet quality and safety standards.
- Oversee a portfolio of maintenance and snow accounts.
- Direct activities on the job site including, but not limited to coordinating workflow, hands on work, and operating a variety of equipment.
- Work closely with all field employees to train and grow them individually and as a team.
- Manage, maintain, and teach design intent of property.
- Oversee and direct 3-4 crews, totaling approximately 12-15 team members.
- Schedule work.
- Recruit, develop, and retain strong crew leaders/members with a heavy emphasis on seasonal staffing.
- Provide effective leadership to properly motivate employees and promote a strong company culture.
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service and conflict resolution.
- Ensure that accurate daily crew schedules are maintained.
- Approve time sheets, track employee attendance, and report hours worked in a timely manner.
- Meet short and long-term sales goals through out-of-contract enhancement opportunities.
- Manage and update sales pipeline and obtain proper approval prior to performing any out-of-contract work.
- Assist in training, managing, and motivating maintenance crew teams.
- Assist management with managing labor hours and work quality.
- Work to address and resolve client issues by evaluating concerns and developing solutions.
- Follow proper corporate procedures to ensure timely billing of completed jobs.
- Physically assist landscaping crews by having a hands-on approach to ensure jobs are completed, as needed.
- Responsible for financial management of assigned book of business.
- Responsible for customer and contract management, assessment, and renewal.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required
- BS Degree or equivalent and 4 years landscape maintenance account management experience.
- 3 years’ experience managing crews preferred.
- Familiarity with CRM program maintenance, estimating, and pricing.
- Adaptable nature in an ever-changing environment.
- Prior experience in the landscape industry, within the local market preferred.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to meet critical deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Certifications Landscape and Snow Professional, and holder of Pesticide Applicator License preferred.
- Strong plant identification and turf knowledge,
- Experienced use of Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn industry programs quickly.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work flexible hours during snow season.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who is detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate extended needs of the business, as may be required.
- Strong business acumen.
- Committed to customer service and satisfaction.
- Bilingual (Spanish/Portuguese) a plus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard mouse, and other computing equipment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and withstand working in weather conditions typical of the New England region.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.