Responsible for installation and management of landscape projects, overseeing crews of workers, and coordination of efforts to ensure proper maintenance of grounds and use of equipment.
- Direct activities on the job site including coordination of workflow, hands on work, and operation of machinery.
- Ensure an understanding of Branch and job financial statements with the ability to interpret relevant information to staff.
- Develop a work schedule and assign tasks to construction crew members.
- Be the liaison between construction workers and supervisors.
- Communicate production goals with crew members and clients.
- Ensure that the project is staying on or under budget.
- Report project progress to superiors.
- Track and record all job expenses including, but not limited to, materials and hours worked.
- Supervise and manage crew members.
- Solve disputes between workers.
- Ensure all crew members utilize required personal protective equipment (PPE) and that all safety rules and company safety policies are adhered to.
- Ensure that all installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards.
- Follow direction from Site Supervisor.
- Monitor use of all tools, equipment, and machinery for needed maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Train crew members on best practices and company standards.
- Provide real-time feedback on worker performance.
- Deliver reports and activity updates to management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
- 4+ years’ experience.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- CDL (preferred) and reputable driving record.
- Hoisting license.
- Proficient heavy equipment operating skills including front end loaders, mini-excavators, and skid steer machinery with various attachments; other construction equipment as needed.
- Knowledge and experience with installing a variety of hardscape applications.
- Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Deep knowledge of the construction industry and processes.
- Time Management skills and ability to work long hours.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Clean and Professional appearance.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Bilingual (Spanish/Portuguese) a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally assist with lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.