LANDSCAPE CONSTRUCTION BRANCH MANAGER
Responsible for the overall operations of the assigned Branch servicing the Eastern, MA, market including the direction of sales activities, leading daily operations, and ensuring customer satisfaction. The Branch Manager provides leadership and direction to ensure that branch goals are met in the areas of client satisfaction, retention, profitability, adherence to policy, and financial objectives. All duties will be performed based on professional training and experience under the direction of our Chief Operating Officer.
- Will supervise all landscape construction teams to ensure that work is performed efficiently and to our standards of excellence.
- Manage landscape construction projects in a timely and organized manner, completing projects at or below estimated time and with proper allocation of resources as outlined in the estimate for each job. Accurate project planning and organization is essential.
- Perform job assessments to ensure customers are receiving premium service and within estimate parameters.
- Supervise all Project Managers and Sales staff responsible for branch operations.
- Meet or exceed monthly sales goals and budgeted net income.
- Oversee accuracy and timelines of job costing and work in progress statements.
- Identify new sales opportunities.
- Review and approve all estimates before they are issued.
- Recruit and select branch employees
- Effectively onboard, train, inspire and motivate branch employees at all levels, improving employee retention.
- Assure that all Branch personnel perform their job duties in a safe manner and that they take all reasonable precautions to avoid work-related accidents. Hold regular safety discussions and meetings to continually reinforce the safety message.
- Reinforce continuously respectful communication between all departments, branches, and customers.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of the branch.
- Thoroughly understand the company operating and financial reports and be able to quickly identify positive/negative business trends and determine root causes to issues.
- Be an active and effective coach to all staff members to enable them to achieve best practices.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the area market to include end user trends, customers, competitors, suppliers and key market drivers.
- Committed to continuous learning and development (both personal and of the team) and capitalize on all relevant training and development opportunities.
- Directly manage and supervise team, assigning specific work duties as needed.
- Oversees branch team building training and development programs.
- Review employee performance and develop successful employees.
- Support Project Managers and Business Developers in estimating, pricing, and sales strategies.
- Develop a consultative sales approach to actively develop and increase sales opportunities, supporting and directing the efforts of team members responsible for same.
- Meet or exceed budgeted sales goals for new business and enhancements.
- Respond to and effectively manage customer complaints.
- Implement and manage a customer service plan that increases customer loyalty rate.
- Plan and direct branch operations to successfully meet goals and objectives as determined by the leadership team.
- Implement and ensure the integrity of operational standards and company policies; oversee risk management
- Perform job site appraisals for efficiency, quality, and safety that ensure consistency of our service
- Meet or exceed budgeted net operating profit goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required
- 5 years prior Branch Management experience preferred.
- 3+ years Landscape management and operations experience required.
- Prior business and sales development experience preferred.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn new system and programs.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate extended needs of the business, as may be required.
- Strong business acumen.
- Committed to customer service and satisfaction.
- Bilingual (Spanish/Portuguese) a plus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard mouse, and other computing equipment.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Pay Range: Starting at $90,000/year + Benefits