Responsible for daily oversight, operations, and leadership of an enhancement/installation/maintenance crew on commercial properties. Ensure that all work performed is in accordance to company and industry standards.
- Direct activities of workers who perform duties such as landscape construction, hardscape, softscape, and irrigation.
- Monitor project activities to ensure that instructions are followed, deadlines are met, and schedules are maintained.
- Understand and implement job specifications for each site.
- Schedule work for crews depending on work priorities crew and equipment availability, and weather conditions.
- Confer with manager to coordinate work activities with those of other departments.
- Inspect completed work to ensure conformance to specifications, standards, and contract requirements.
- Provide workers with assistance in performing duties as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Communicate production goals with crew members and clients.
- Solve disputes between workers.
- Ensure all crew members utilize required personal protective equipment (PPE) and that all safety rules and company safety policies are adhered to.
- Ensure that all installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards.
- Discuss job site observations with management on a regular basis.
- Monitor use of all tools, equipment, and machinery for needed maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Train crew members on best practices and company standards.
- Provide real-time feedback on worker performance.
- Ensure adherence to company policies.
- Deliver reports and activity updates to management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required.
- 3+ years landscape experience.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Hoisting license.
- Solid knowledge of landscape-industry equipment and operation.
- Knowledge and experience with installing a variety of hardscape applications.
- Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Deep knowledge of the construction industry and processes.
- Time Management skills and ability to work long hours.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Clean and Professional appearance.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Bilingual (Spanish/Portuguese) a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally assist with lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.