Reporting directly to the Branch Manager, responsible to provide management oversight for all phases of landscape construction projects including coordinating employees, subcontractors, material and equipment, and ensuring that specifications are being followed and work is proceeding with quality, on schedule, and within budget.
- Work with the construction team to ensure that all landscape construction services are delivered according to contract specifications, on budget, according to schedule, and with a high standard of quality.
- Serve as the main point of contact to the customer on project installations while building and maintaining trust-based professional relationships.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Manage labor force, material buyout, equipment requirements, and subcontractors across multiple projects.
- Adhere to standard construction communications including preconstruction submittal RFIs, purchase orders, change orders, billing, close-out, and as-built documentation.
- Effectively pre-plan and manage manpower and material delivery schedules. Proactively report and manage changes.
- Ensure timely submission of job cost approvals, billing forecasts, and work-in-process reports.
- Develop cost-effective plans and schedules for completion of projects following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Coordinate work of subcontractors working on various phases of multiple projects.
- Oversee performance of all trade contractors and review architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Administer construction contracts and obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervise assistant managers and superintendents, review their reports, check on any reported difficulties, and correct any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Track and control construction schedules and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and monies allocated.
- Report to COO, Branch Manager, Estimators and Sales about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated. Plan, implement, track and closeout/turn over construction projects. Conduct project meetings.
- Manage day to day operational and tactical aspects of multiple construction projects in a supervisory capacity.
- Manage day to day client interactions and expectations, directly or in a supervisory capacity.
- Accurately forecast revenue, profitability and project costs.
- Manage to and achieves revenue goals set for projects.
- Generate and issue regular internal and external project reporting through company software.
- Proactively identify changes in project scope and ensure appropriate measures are taken.
- Project changes in scope and revenue.
- Administer Submittal Review process between Subcontractors/Suppliers and Estimating team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or at least 5 years related management experience.
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office and Sage Timberline.
- 5 years’ experience in the construction industry including site work and landscape development.
- Strong work ethic.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain organization in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer service experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish/Portuguese) a plus.
- Microsoft Office
- Sage 300 construction software experience a plus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in an office and field environment.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard mouse, and other computing equipment.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.