Responsible for the overall planning, developing and executing of a sales strategy that produces new, profitable landscape and snow removal maintenance accounts and contract awards.
- Work with prospective customers to discover their landscape maintenance and snow removal needs and develop solutions.
- Build and maintain trust-based professional relationships with key decision makers.
- Work in a fast-paced environment while operating with a sense of urgency.
- Understand the value and benefit of going deeper and broader with existing relationships.
- Communicate proactively with all decision makers and influencers.
- Plan daily and hit specific activity benchmarks to close business.
- Work well with operations team members, leveraging their expertise with yours.
- Build relationships with Commercial management professionals throughout the region.
- Qualify sales opportunities to maximize sales efforts.
- Document sales process through Greenscape CRM processes.
- Work with branch management team to target, estimate, and propose new route sales.
- Close business in defined markets within established timelines.
- Network and expand market awareness throughout the region.
- Connect, contact, and engage new potential clients and prospects through in person visits, canvassing, cold calling and networking.
- Work with Branch team to estimate, price, and assess needs that translate into accurate bids and proposals.
- Execute outbound prospecting techniques and qualifying leads at a pace and quality to consistently hit and exceed monthly goals.
- Identify customer needs and utilize solution-based selling techniques to fully demonstrate value of Greenscape services.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Marketing and 5+ years professional sales experience in landscaping or equivalent industry work experience preferred.
- Extensive face-to-face selling experience and managing multiple projects in a large territory.
- Highly competitive, positive, and results driven salesperson with exceptional networking skills.
- A proven track record selling commercial landscape maintenance services and identifying new opportunities.
- Experience managing multiple projects and able to multi-task in a large territory.
- Broad-based knowledge of the components of the commercial landscape industry.
- Track record of success in developing sales for a similar sized business in the landscape, grounds maintenance or related fields.
- A working knowledge of the commercial service industry and the local landscape market.
- Proven track record of sales goal attainment in a longer sales cycle environment.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build client-centric and solution/value-based proposals.
- Working experience with social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, twitter)
- Prior experience in a property management field is a bonus.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard mouse, and other computing equipment.
Regular, predictable attendance is required